A search on 'copper' produces 14 results on the World Heritage List. Of these, some entries have rather cursory linkages to copper, leaving ten heritage sites where copper is present on the central stage:
- Chile: Sewell - Mining town.
- Germany: Rammelsberg - Non-ferrous metal mining;
- Germany: Bremen - Copper roof
- Germany: Wilhelmshöhe - Copper statue of Hercules
- Jordan: Petr - Umm al Amad copper mines and underground galleries (fourth millennium BC)
- Norway: Røros - Mining town
- Oman: Archaeological Sites of Bat, Al-Khutm and Al-Ayn - copper extraction (third millennium BC)
- Sweden: Falun - copper mining since the 13th century
- Tajikistan: Sarazm - copper working
- UK: Cornwall - 56 copper mining sites, producing 50% of world copper in the 19th century
- US: New York - Statue of Liberty
Last update: March 1, 2022
Join the Copper Mailing List
Subscribe to the copper mailing list and we'll send you email alerts when new webinars from the Copper Academy or updates on the Copper Tutorial. Typically, subscribers will receive 4-6 emails per year.