The World Copper Factbook has been in print since 1999 and is issued annually by the International Copper Study Group. The latest edition can be freely accessed from its website:
Besides a wealth of information and insights on copper, the factbook provides data for frequently asked questions:
- What copper resources are available, and where can they be found?
- What are the top copper mining countries?
- What are the world's top copper mines by capacity?
- What are the top copper smelting countries?
- What are the world's top copper smelters by capacity?
- What are the world's top copper refineries by capacity?
- Which copper intermediates are traded, and how does copper trade flow?
- How much copper is available from secondary material sources?
The factbook provides input for regular media articles such as available resources, the top 10 copper-producing countries, the largest mines, the role of recycling, etc.
Last update: October 3, 2023